Dreams of Sea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event Update and 4-3 mission info (is Thur, 30July 8pm eastern good for you?)

+7
sephrioth
Cindelle
Sashimiaru
Sinatra
Crusty
Shavari
Mazakaru
11 posters

Go down

Event Update and 4-3 mission info (is Thur, 30July 8pm eastern good for you?) Empty Event Update and 4-3 mission info (is Thur, 30July 8pm eastern good for you?)

Post  Mazakaru Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Hey Everyone sorry for not scheduling an Event this week I figured we'd give some people time to catch up, Anyways I would like to setup the next event this coming Tuesday July 28th 6pm pst (9pm est) please let me know here if your able to go or there is any conflicts with this time. In the mean time I suggest that everyone takes the time to lower their Fomor Hate to Level 1, it makes the mission tons easier, please read wiki extract below for info. Thanks everyone have a good weekend!!!

4-3: Walkthrough

Note
This walkthrough consists of two parts, one of which is skippable. The mission only requires that Old Professor Mariselle be defeated. The first part of the walkthrough deals with Keremet, an NM that drops a Sealion Crest Key. If the Coral Crest Keys have already been obtained and someone in the party already has a Sealion Crest Key, Keremet does not need to be defeated and the party can proceed straight to the locked door at (H-7).

Speak with Justinius at (J-6) in third floor.

Click on the Walnut Door at (K-7) upstairs next to Parelbriaux for a cutscene.

Head to the Iron Gate in the northern part of Misareaux Coast (G-4) for a cutscene. After checking this, you will have access to Sacrarium.
This is the entrance to the Sacrarium. This area is capped at level 50. Note that the entrance maze walls on Map 1 will shift with each Vana'diel day.
Traverse the Sacrarium maze until you find the Fomor. Kill the Fomor until you get two Rare/Ex Coral Crest Keys.
It is best if you obtain the Coral Crest Keys beforehand. You can do this mission with only one Coral Crest Key, but then it will be necessary to have an extra person to stay behind to operate the door, which means they will not be able to assist with the NM fight.

Keremet

Defeat the skeletons in the two hallways (J7-8 ) and (J8-9). The two hallways are each lined with 6 Skeletons. The Skeletons don't aggro or link, and are weak, but if anyone attacks Keremet they will rush to aid him. Defeat all 12 Skeletons first, then pass through one of the doors at the end of the hall (K-8 ). Once they are defeated you have about 30 minutes before they respawn.
Now you can kill Keremet, a Corse NM. Keremet is at the far side of the room. Wait for the taurus to wander to one side and then pull Keremet back through one of the doors into one of the hallways where the Skeletons were. Only one person should pull Keremet while the others wait in the hallway. This is a hard fight that should be taken seriously, but does not warrant the use of 2 hour skills.

Keremet can be Silenced. He is highly resistant to stun, sleep, and Blizzard spells.

Like all Corses, Keremet can Charm members of your party with the Danse Macabre TP attack. Charmed party members MUST be slept. He has ice spikes which can be dispelled and an AoE silence move.

A Beastmaster makes this fight much easier; a Blubber Eyes under Familiar does a lot of damage and pets are immune to Keremet's Charm. Two Blubber Eyes can duo Keremet.

Kill Keremet and obtain the Sealion Crest Key (EX). Give it to someone who doesn’t have either of the Coral Crest Keys.

Old Professor Mariselle

Optional step, but recommended: Head back to Misareaux Coast and kill Orcs and Gigas to lower your Fomor Hate. Check your hate with Resauchamet at (J/K-6) of the upper floor of Tavnazian Safehold. Lower your Fomor Hate to level 1, where Resauchamet will tell you that you have a “good head start.” (If you have max hate, about 50 kills will lower it to level 1.)

The final NM (Old Professor Mariselle) you fight will be inside a room full of Fomor. Unless you get lucky and Old Professor Mariselle follows you out to the hallway each time, where you can do a 20-30 second amount of damage before he teleports back into the room, then you will have to kill all the Fomor in the room first, which can be very hard to maintain given respawn times. The problem with this recommendation is that some player may have really high Fomor hate and the option of killing enough Beastmen to lower it may be more time investment than the party is able to give.
Head to (H-7) in the Sacrarium and find a door at (H-7) with two keyholes: one SMALL KEYHOLE and one LARGE KEYHOLE. The first party member will trade the Coral Crest Key to the SMALL KEYHOLE; you will hear a click. The other party member will trade the Sealion Crest Key to the LARGE KEYHOLE; the door will then open, and the Coral Crest Key holder will be immobilized for a moment.
You have a limited amount of time to trade the Sealion Crest Key after the Coral Crest Key has been traded, so make sure the key holders are both ready. (Both locks cannot be opened by a single person!) You will keep your Sealion Crest Key, but your Coral Crest Key will break. If the Sealion Crest Key isn't traded quickly enough, you will lose your opportunity to get the door open, and you will have to get another Coral Crest Key. If the Coral Crest Key holder gets the message "Your hand has grown numb," then it's too late to trade the Sealion Crest Key. The best thing to do is to have the Sealion Crest Key holder get to the "OK" to trade screen and wait for the Coral key holder to say when. (If it is a single tradable item you may use [/item "Sealion Crest Key" <stnpc>] and skip the trading step. Just have to make sure people have their spot highlighted and know how the macro works.)
Find and click on the Wooden Gate at (G-8 ) for a cutscene.
Exit out of the locked door. If you do not have another Coral Crest Key, you can leave a member behind to open the door with the switch, however they will not be able to obtain a Reliquiarium Key.

Old Professor Mariselle must be spawned from a ??? in one of the six classrooms, three on the north side of the area of Sacrarium you are in and three on the south side. Each has a ??? on a desk in each room. Check each ??? until you spawn the Ghost NM Old Professor Mariselle

He summons two Mariselle's Pupils soon after being spawned.

Old Professor Mariselle casts Sleepga II and Silence, and uses Ghost abilities. He seems to have a fair bit of Regen, so constant damage is important.

It's highly recommended to use Poison Potions to protect against his Sleepga spam.

All three NMs will teleport around the room a couple of time during the fight (every ~20-30 seconds). Mariselle will "despawn" first, along with his two pupils, and then respawn randomly somewhere in the room (the pupils also spawn randomly, sometimes all three are far apart after a teleport). Even if pulled outside the room, it will respawn somewhere in the room again, so this way of avoiding Fomor aggro is not recommended, but will work if you have sufficient Refresh and Curing magic.

If one of your party hasn't reset Fomor hate, you will have to clear the room first, as pulling Old Professor Mariselle out of the room does work, but can take a considerably long amount of time, and you will take extra damage as he casts on you from inside the room before coming forward.
It's possible to have a summoned avatar, beastmaster pet, or automaton to draw him out after teleporting, as they will still have hate on him.

If everyone has reset their fomor hate, don’t use AoE abilities to avoid unwanted aggro.

The Mariselle's Pupils are weak. However, if you kill them, Old Professor Mariselle will summon more. They CANNOT be slept.

DO NOT use Tractor, if you do then you will have to get the ??? and kill this NM again.

Kill Old Professor Mariselle and check the ??? again for the Reliquiarium Key. Any ??? on any of the desks in the rooms will allow you to obtain the Reliquiarium Key.
Proceed back to the locked door and open it with your second Coral Crest Key and the original Sealion Crest Key, using the same method as before. Alternatively, simply have someone operate the switch on the other side.
Click on the Wooden Gate again to end the mission.
Once the cutscene is over, you will end up on the other side of the Wooden Gate, unable to open it from that side.

Credits go to http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/The_Secrets_of_Worship

Mazakaru
Admin

https://dreamsofsea.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Event Update and 4-3 mission info (is Thur, 30July 8pm eastern good for you?) Empty Re: Event Update and 4-3 mission info (is Thur, 30July 8pm eastern good for you?)

Post  Shavari Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:31 pm

i have dynamis tues @ 7ish ; ;
Shavari
Shavari

Back to top Go down

Event Update and 4-3 mission info (is Thur, 30July 8pm eastern good for you?) Empty 4-3 Run

Post  Crusty Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:17 pm

i have dynamiss also 7pm cen
Crusty
Crusty

Back to top Go down

Event Update and 4-3 mission info (is Thur, 30July 8pm eastern good for you?) Empty Re: Event Update and 4-3 mission info (is Thur, 30July 8pm eastern good for you?)

Post  Sinatra Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:53 am

I'd love to help but still on 4-2. sorry
Sinatra
Sinatra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sashimiaru Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:42 am

I'm also busy on Tuesday evening.

Wed can be done... but Thurs would be better/best. Wink
Sashimiaru
Sashimiaru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sashimiaru Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:43 am

Sinatra wrote:I'd love to help but still on 4-2. sorry

Don't worry Sin, we'll get you guys caught up before we do this one!
Sashimiaru
Sashimiaru

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindelle Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:43 am

Thusday are no good for me I'm sorry ^^

wednesday's are .. okiishhhh but Thursdays are mutch better for me. so basically keeping the same schedule we've been having since the beggining is the best bet for me Smile
Cindelle
Cindelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mazakaru Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:52 am

Alright so Thursday sounds good for everyone, so on tuesday then I suggest we have a make up run or even on wednesday I can help then!!!

Mazakaru
Admin

https://dreamsofsea.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sashimiaru Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:32 pm

/bump
Sashimiaru
Sashimiaru

Back to top Go down

Post  sephrioth Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:33 am

hey guys any chance we can do it at 6pm est, like u know i'm from the uk and that is 11pm, i have work the following morning so starting at 8 est/1am gmt is a little late for me Sad

sephrioth

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindelle Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:26 am

Time zones are a big issue atm ... we are working with a 9h window between our west coast members and our european members sadly It's gonna be hard to accomodate everyone. 6pm east. for you is in fact 3 pm east. for them .. meaning they are still at workd during that time. We are going to have to find a solution for this.
Cindelle
Cindelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinatra Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:17 am

I'm in for Thursday July 30th @ 8 pm est? definately count me in.
[thanks again for those that helped with P.M. 4-2 w00t!]

Alright, so P.M. 4-3 it is Very Happy
Sinatra
Sinatra

Back to top Go down

Event Update and 4-3 mission info (is Thur, 30July 8pm eastern good for you?) Empty Hmmm

Post  Cten Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:46 am

Not sure if I'll be able to attend but I'll try my best.
As always, will be coming as BRD/WHM

edit: Probably will not be attending. Got a friend's birthday dinner to go to @7
Will try to be back from run, but very unlikely.

Last edited by Cten on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Cten

Back to top Go down

Post  Mysthic Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 am

I'll be available

Drk
Mysthic
Mysthic

Back to top Go down

Event Update and 4-3 mission info (is Thur, 30July 8pm eastern good for you?) Empty 4-3

Post  Crusty Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:36 pm

i'll be ther,can come as BST if needed,lemme know
Crusty
Crusty

Back to top Go down

Post  Shavari Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:15 am

Thrusday 8pm EST is golden
Shavari
Shavari

Back to top Go down

Event Update and 4-3 mission info (is Thur, 30July 8pm eastern good for you?) Empty CoP 4-3

Post  Taoyin Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:41 pm

jul30 works for me, i can help on wendsday for ppl that need help

Taoyin

Back to top Go down

Post  girlygirl Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:50 pm

Yea, i am up to this mission, and i could make it at that time on thursday, or any time past 5pm est. =]
I can only come whm becasue that's the only job i have lv. high enough o.o
girlygirl
girlygirl

http://www.myspace.com/blondechickbrie

Back to top Go down

Post  sephrioth Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:19 am

ok guys i am going to be available for this, what job woul u like me to bring i can use SAM,PLD,BLU

sephrioth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down