Dreams of Sea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4-2 this thursday 7/16 6pm pst (9pm est) Please Sign Up here if your able to go!!!

+7
sephrioth
Cten
Crusty
Sashimiaru
fisho
Eik
Mazakaru
11 posters

Go down

4-2 this thursday 7/16 6pm pst (9pm est) Please Sign Up here if your able to go!!! Empty 4-2 this thursday 7/16 6pm pst (9pm est) Please Sign Up here if your able to go!!!

Post  Mazakaru Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Hey everyone I got 3-5 done, didn't get any post for catching up so I'm just going to assume that everyones caught up and ready to move on, So I'm proposing this time up here to see if everyones available, thank you!!!

Mission info:

4-1: Return to Tavnazian Safehold for a cutscene.
Tavnazian Safehold AH will now be linked to the Jeuno AH.
You will now be able to do the Lufaise Meadows supplies quest.
Talk to Despachiaire (K-10) on the top floor, through the Walnut door. Note: there are multiple Walnut Doors, the correct door is located at (K-10).
Talk to Justinius (J-6) on the top floor.
Head to Misareaux Coast and inspect the Dilapidated Gate at (I-11).

4-2: Head to Riverne - Site #B01 for a cut scene.
You'll need a single Giant Scale to pass through an Unstable Displacement to get to Monarch Linn.
Proceed to Monarch Linn.
Enter the BCNM (capped at level 50) and fight Ouryu.
Note: Normal buffs wear off when entering the BCNM - food will stay.
After defeating Ouryu, your title will become Mist Melter (only if you are on this mission).
You'll return at the exit for Monarch Linn and can either come back to the entrance of Monarch Linn or exit out.
Head back to Tavnazian Safehold and talk to Justinius again for a cutscene.
Ouryu
Ouryu is an earth-based dragon and casts earth-based spells. Naturally is immune to earth based effects and spells.
His TP attacks:
On the ground:
Absolute Terror: Terrorizes the target for a few seconds, making them unable to do anything.
Geotic Breath: Cone Attack Earth damage. ~700 damage if tank is directly in front of the dragon.
Horrid Roar: Dispels up to 15 buffs on a single target, including food. Resets enmity.
Spike Flail: Only used if someone behind him has hate. Huge AoE physical damage. Absorbed by Utsusemi.
Typhoon Wing: Frontal AoE ~100-180 dmg and Blind.
In the air:
Bai Wing: AoE Earth damage (~385 unresisted) and Slow
Ochre Blast: AoE Earth 400+ damage.
Ouryu has very high evasion when in the air.
Touchdown: Not based on TP, used when he lands (though not if a Mistmelt was used to ground him). AoE magic damage (element unknown, ~140 each).
His spells:
Slowga
Stoneskin
Stonega II
He gives up at about 30% health. You need to inflict approximately 6000 damage to force him to give up.
He will use Invincible at about 75% HP.
He alternates between flying and standing every two minutes.
On the ground, his attacks are physical; in the air, they are earth elemental and ignore Utsusemi, Invincible and any form of physical damage reduction, including Sentinel. His air attacks do 280 damage minus Shell and any resistance; kiting may also reduce their damage.
He will regenerate to full health if your party wipes.
Bring Ouryu to the ground with Mistmelt, which is obtained from the quest Fly High. You can also buy them at the Auction House in section Materials/Goldsmithing.
Suggested macro - /item "Mistmelt" <t> (or <stnpc> if you switch targets).
Being earth-based, Ouryu has an extremely high resistance to Stun in all its forms. Leg Sweep, Head Butt and the Stun spell all appear to have no effect.
Sleep spells will work on him. He builds up resistance over time though.
However, Ouryu can NOT be slept in the air; even if it says sleep landed he will immediately wake up. Unsure about this, I slept him twice today while flying, on BLM/WHM with 99 INT in total. The animation was that he was still flying both times while slept however a mismelt was attempted to be used before he was slept.
You can use Bind instead to hold him.
Ouryu can also be slept with Light Shot or Repose. Repose/Light Shot and Sleep have differing elements, being Light and Dark respectively. Alternating between Sleep and Repose works well since Ouryu will build up different elemental resistances.
The following Blue Mage spells will sleep Ouryu: Sheep Song (Light), Soporific (Dark), and Pinecone Bomb (Sleep effect appears to be non-elemental). Alternating between these 3 spells Blue Mage can avoid an element resistance build up.
Ouryu is very resistant to sleep when flying. Even an Elemental Seal + Sleep II will only last a few seconds.
Enfeebling spells (Blind, Paralyze, Silence, etc) build resistance very quickly and Silence does not stick for a long duration (resistance on Paralyze and Blind builds highly after ~3 casts, Silence will stick but for a very short duration). Slow in any form will not work. NIN Hojo: Ni's + many RDM Slows and a BRD lowering earth resistance and trying to land Elegy failed completely.
The following Blue Mage enfeebling spells were not resisted (Used in 3 diffferent fights; Capped Blue Magic skill.): Frightful Roar(Def. Down) and Stinking Gas(VIT Down). If your using a Blue Mage sleeper, these 2 spells can make the fight go faster.
After defeating Ouryu, everyone in the party that is alive gains 1500 Experience/Limit Points, regardless of whether they have completed the mission or not. However, if you already did the mission that game day, you will not receive experience points again even if you were dead the first time and received no experience points.

Credits go to wiki.ffxiclodepia.org

Mazakaru
Admin

https://dreamsofsea.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

4-2 this thursday 7/16 6pm pst (9pm est) Please Sign Up here if your able to go!!! Empty Re: 4-2 this thursday 7/16 6pm pst (9pm est) Please Sign Up here if your able to go!!!

Post  Eik Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:29 pm

im up for it Very Happy

can use BLM or PLD for this, the best strategy y read for this is BLU BLMx3 PLD and a healer, its simple the blu makes self skillchain and BLM's burst whit Freeze in 2 rounds the dragon is gone Twisted Evil

Eik

Back to top Go down

4-2 this thursday 7/16 6pm pst (9pm est) Please Sign Up here if your able to go!!! Empty Re: 4-2 this thursday 7/16 6pm pst (9pm est) Please Sign Up here if your able to go!!!

Post  fisho Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:38 pm

<--- Here is your first or second Black Mage!!!!

fisho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sashimiaru Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:54 am

I'll be there, whm Cool
Sashimiaru
Sashimiaru

Back to top Go down

4-2 this thursday 7/16 6pm pst (9pm est) Please Sign Up here if your able to go!!! Empty 4-2

Post  Crusty Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:20 am

count me in..BLM..got a giant scale also if needed
Crusty
Crusty

Back to top Go down

Post  Cten Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:57 am

Can attend on BRD
Let me know if you guys intend on farming for mist melts, I'll come along to help.

Cten

Back to top Go down

Post  sephrioth Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:26 pm

yes please can i have it, i can use pld or blu, i'm from the uk so could it be possible to do between 7pm and 0100am GMT please

sephrioth

Back to top Go down

4-2 this thursday 7/16 6pm pst (9pm est) Please Sign Up here if your able to go!!! Empty CoP 4-2

Post  Taoyin Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Im ready, i guess my blu/nin is best for this fight.

Taoyin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindelle Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:18 am

I'll be there also

Blu/nin or Sch available maybe it's not a BLM but I'm assuming accession hailstorm and klimaform could be nice since blm won't have ice staff at 50.

Last edited by Cindelle on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Cindelle
Cindelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sashimiaru Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:27 am

sephrioth wrote:yes please can i have it, i can use pld or blu, i'm from the uk so could it be possible to do between 7pm and 0100am GMT please

Hey sorry, but could you translate GMT for me please? Either into Eastern or Pacific, whichever is easiest for you?
Sashimiaru
Sashimiaru

Back to top Go down

Post  sephrioth Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:52 pm

yeah sure sorry i am available between 3pm and 8pm EST

sephrioth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mysthic Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:22 am

There's a 60% chance for me being available for the run.

I can bring DRK with sub (war, blu, nin, dnc, sam, thf)

If I'm available, I"ll be online around 8 pm (eastern) I assume.

I'll try my best.
Mysthic
Mysthic

Back to top Go down

Post  windexy Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:40 pm

I'm available, however it appears the numbers are already there and I have no other jobs to offer than whats already attending...

if needed though i have blu rdm brd rng for this one...

edit: btw i've already completed this one so i wont be behind...

windexy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down